Configuring Windows98 For Local Dev - Page 4
by: Heath Boutwell
July 30, 2000
- Familiarizing yourself with all of the httpd.conf file will help in configuring
the server and will give a great overall understanding of how Apache works.
- Configure PHP:
- Find the file php3-ini-dist in the "C:/php3" directory
- Rename it to php3.ini
- Load it in a text editor
- Search for "extension_dir" (around line 100) in php3.ini and change
line to read:
extension_dir = C:\php3
- Change the line (around 115) that reads
- Change the line that reads (around 225)
;browscap = extra/browscap.ini
browscap = C:\windows\browscap.ini
- Place this file (php3.ini) in "C:\windows\"
- Note above the removal of the ";" line - this is the comment
tag for PHP, and must be removed in the above lines.