Alan Knowles has officially released his FlexySvn, and you can see it in
action by going to http://newweb.akbkhome.com/svn.php
For the download itself and to read installation instructions, visit Alan's blog
If you haven't seen this on php.net, there are two conferences to be held in
November that have issued the Call for Papers: the AFUP
(Association Française des
Utilisateurs de PHP), which has more info available at http://www.afup.org/article.php3?id_article=283
and the International PHP Conference 2005, which will eventually have more info
available at http://www.phpconference.com/
. So send
in your ideas and we'll see you there.
Thanks to Andrei Zmievski, you can now randomly shuffle your Netflix Queue
with a little script he drummed up in his spare time. Check it out by going to
Derick Rethans announced the release of the open source CMS, eZ publish v.
3.6 in a recent blog post. Some new features include: static caching of content,
support for transactions in databases, real preview of content before
publishing, improved template syntax, and improved support for internal links.
To download or see an online demo, go to http://ez.no/community/news/ez_publish_3_6
This latest version of phpCMS includes an important security patch, and all
users are encouraged to download the newest version. More information about the
vulnerability can be found at: http://secunia.com/advisories/15586/
and you can download the security fix at http://www.phpcms.de/download/index.en.html
I would be remiss in my duties if I didn't include what's new at PEAR and
PECL. Recent PEAR releases include:
- DB_DataObject_FormBuilder - Class to automatically build HTML_QuickForm
objects from a DB_DataObject-derived class
- File_Archive - File_Archive will let you manipulate easily the tar, gz,
tgz, bz2, tbz, zip, ar (or deb) files
- File_Find - A Class the facillitates the search of filesystems
- File_Fstab - Read and write fstab files
- Image_Barcode - Barcode generation
- Pager - Data paging class
- PHPUnit2 - Regression testing framework for unit tests.
- Services_Ebay - Interface to eBay's XML-API.
- Services_Yahoo - Provides access to the Yahoo! Web Services
- SOAP - SOAP Client/Server for PHP
- XML_Serializer - Creates XML files from data structures and vice versa.
And at PECL:
- pecl_http - Extended HTTP support
- runkit - allows you to replace, rename, and remove user defined functions
and classes, define customized superglobal variables for general purpose use,
and execute code in restricted environment (sandboxing).
- zeroconf - A PHP interface for browsing network services using ZeroConf
As always, you can download or learn more about these packages at http://pear.php.net/ and http://pecl.php.net/.