The complete schedule has been posted by Zend for their conference to be held October 18-21 in San Francisco. The four tracks available are "The Business Case for PHP," "Developing, Deploying and Managing Large Scale PHP Applications," "Integrating PHP with the Enterprise (including Web Services & XML)," and "PHP Resources: Tools, Libraries and Techniques". For the full schedule, go to http://zend.kbconferences.com/program.php
This latest version of PhpEd boasts improvements such as PHP5 support, true unicode support, integration with various databases, code completion, secure deployment, project-wide code explorer, and more. It still costs $239, but you can try it out for free for 30 days if you like. To download, go to http://www.nusphere.com/products/index.htm
This version fixes numerous bugs as well as some cross-site scripting security vulnerabilities recently reported. For a complete changelog, visit http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/downloads.php?relnotes=0
and to download the latest version go to http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/downloads.php#2.6.4-rc1
Joshua Eichorn has created a cool little gadget that presents thumbnail shots of the sites rolling through planet-php. You can read his blog entry about this at http://blog.joshuaeichorn.com/
or check out the thumbs for yourself at http://blog.joshuaeichorn.com/examples/2005-08-25-planet-php-thumbs/
I would be remiss in my duties if I didn't include what's new at PEAR and PECL. Recent PEAR releases include:
- DB_Table 1.2.0 - Builds on PEAR DB to abstract datatypes and automate table creation, data validation, insert, update, delete, and select
- HTML_Progress 1.2.3 - How to include a loading bar in your XHTML documents quickly and easily.
- Image_Graph 0.6.0 - A package for displaying (numerical) data as a graph/chart/plot.
- MP3_ID 1.2.0RC2 - Read/Write MP3-Tags
- File_Find 1.0.0 - A Class the facillitates the search of filesystems
- PHPUnit 1.3.0 - Regression testing framework for unit tests.
- Mail 1.1.8 - Class that provides multiple interfaces for sending emails
- DB_DataObject_FormBuilder 0.18.1 - Class to automatically build HTML_QuickForm objects from a DB_DataObject-derived class
And for PECL, we had:
- APC - Alternative PHP Cache
- pecl_http - Extended HTTP support
As always, you can download or learn more about these packages at http://pear.php.net/ and http://pecl.php.net/.