CodeGear this week announced the release of Delphi for PHP 2.0. Delphi for PHP is a PHP Integrated Development Environment (IDE) designed for rapidly building interactive web applications using visual drag-and-drop design capabilities and a PHP component framework.
The new 2.0 version focuses on making PHP web development easier in several key areas:
* HTML templates with embedded dynamic PHP, enabling PHP developers to work visually in their Web 2.0 development and to collaborate easily with HTML designers
* Comprehensive and seamless database support for MySQL™, CodeGear InterBase, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Informix, Sybase, SQL Anywhere and IBM DB2, plus the ability to build rich data-driven web applications without requiring database connectivity coding
* An expanded and faster Visual Component Library (VCL) for PHP with support for popular PHP packages and libraries including Zend Framework
* Productivity and performance enhancements throughout including new error insight, source code formatting, expanded code insights and code folding
* New PHP debugging features and new integrated PHP performance profiling and tuning for achieving maximum applications performance
Any developer can take advantage of Delphi for PHP 2.0 to build PHP applications visually in just minutes. Database developers, for example, who want to create intranet and Web applications can natively connect them to their database and use drag-and-drop components to connect, display and edit data.
To learn more about CodeGear and its products, visit http://www.codegear.com