InfoSoft releases FusionCharts 2.0 - Flash based animated charting for web
What is FusionCharts?
FusionCharts is a set of Macromedia Flash (SWF) files that helps you to create eye-catching animated graphs. It makes full use of the fluid beauty of Macromedia Flash to create compact, interactive and visually-arresting charts. FusionCharts reflects our philosophy of believing in the notion of blending multiple ingredients without compromising or limiting the possibilities. FusionCharts is all about un-bounding the barriers of charting on web and giving “A new dimension to graphing”.
Imagine having a charting component, that doesn’t need any installation, works with any scripting language you could think of, runs on a majority of browsers, is interactive, is completely scalable & flexible, and creates stunning animated charts. Imagine your data being morphed into beautiful shapes un-bounded by the limits of time, space and the web. Imagine the essence of your presentations with life infused in them. FusionCharts just helps you realize all your charting imaginations.
Until now, whenever the phrase "online real-time graphs" came to your mind, you started fancying about some Active-X Controls or compact Assemblies to render image based graphs dynamically generated on the server side. But, have you ever considered a few points before you begin with them:
* Installation Affairs: Firstly, you need to install them on the server, insert some keys in the registry and so on. Just check out with your server provider if they allow you to do so and what is the charge for the same.
* Efficiency Factor: Secondly, although these components render sophisticated looking graphs, they consume a lot of server resources. In a solution that needs to provide graphs to hundreds of concurrent users, loading bulky Active-X objects into the memory puts a tremendous strain on the server and doesn't scale well.
* Versatile and Flexible: Do you get sleek looking animated and interactive graphs? Do they offer you options like hover captions, animation patterns, hot spots and a lot more?
* Scalable: Do you get the source code along with the package (available in FusionCharts Developer Edition)? With the source code you could virtually do anything - you could create a completely new chart out of FusionCharts base framework - you could modify the interaction levels - you can manipulate each & every object of the chart.
And, looking to positive side of things, you get the following salient features with FusionCharts:
* No need for an Active-X or external Component:
One does not need to install any external Active-X control or component to render graphs. So even on those servers which do not have the components installed or do not allow installation of new components, FusionCharts can run smoothly. All you need to do is upload the core SWF files to the server and configure them via XML data files.
* Animated Graphs add to aesthetics of the site:
The graphs made by Active-X controls or components are static GIF or JPEG files. But, the graphs made by FusionCharts are sleek looking animated graphs whose looks and additional properties can easily be customized by the data XML file.
* Reduces Load on the Server:
FusionCharts reduces the load on the server to quite an extent as the processing work is done on the client-side. The client just needs to have Macromedia Flash plug-in, which is very common nowadays. It is also shipped with the newer versions of the browsers.
* Small Sized Component and therefore suitable for narrow bands:
The file size of the component is very small and therefore it is very suitable for the narrow band connections also.
* Compatible with many scripting languages:
FusionCharts is compatible with many scripting languages like ASP, ASP.NET, JSP, PHP, Perl, CGI, CF etc. As the processing is done on the client-side, it does not matter which scripting language is passing the data to the component. The component can also be customized to take data from text files and so it can work on a static server too (where text files or XML files containing data can be updated frequently).
* Many Additional features over other graphs:
FusionCharts offers you a plethora of customization options like setting transparency, color themes, hotspots, hover captions etc. The best thing is that you can do all the customization via the data XML File itself.