This book is a comprehensive guide helping you to unlock the full potential of phpMyAdmin. Whether you are an experienced developer, system administrator, web designer or new to MySQL and phpMyAdmin, this book will show you how to increase your productivity and control when working with your MySQL.
What you will learn from this book Whether you are an experienced developer, system administrator, web designer or new to MySQL and phpMyAdmin, this book will show you how to increase your productivity and control when working with your databases. You will learn how to:
* Administer MySQL users and privileges, and get statistics about MySQL servers and databases
* Manage databases, table data and structures, and indexes
* Use bookmarks and metadata
* Generate multiple SQL queries
* Generate better documentation of evolving table structures
Along the way youll build a more detailed understanding of SQL and how it works in MySQL.
As an application developer youll learn how to use phpMyAdmin to:
* Effectively perform day-to-day database and table management.
* Create better database tables and relational structures
* More easily document your evolving data structure
As a MySQL server administrator, youll benefit from the in-depth and practical coverage of:
* Using phpMyAdmin to manage users and privileges
* Getting server and database statistics
All database users will expand and refine their knowledge of SQL in a MySQL context through using phpMyAdmin to track SQL execution and results.
The book begins with a comprehensive tutorial of phpMyAdmin that systematically explains and demonstrates the potential of this tool. It then goes on to show the less well known and generally under-used features and capabilities of phpMyAdmin in depth.
In the book youll learn about:
* Installing, configuring, and customizing phpMyAdmin
* MySQL administration
* Managing databases, table data and, structures
* Managing indexes
* Exporting databases and table data and structures
* Searching databases and tables
* Using metadata and bookmarks
* Generating multiple SQL queries
* Documenting table structures
* Mime-based transformation
Who this book is written for?
phpMyAdmin is a must have tool for everyone who needs to manage MySQL databases and tables. This book is a must read for every serious phpMyAdmin user who would like to use this outstanding application to its full power.