If you've ever needed to read Office files using PHP, ShareOffice (a free library that is bundled with BadBlue) lets you read Word, Excel and Access files into your PHP variables in a single function call. The ShareOffice library comes with all PHP source-code and can retrieve files on your local or remote PCs.
The new version of ShareOffice adds Word support. You can now perform the following functions with a single function call:
- Read an entire Word document into a string variable from a local or remote PC
- read an Excel spreadsheet into an array from a local or a remote PC
- read an Access table or query into an array from a local or a remote PC
- update an Excel spreadsheet cell with a single call on a local or a remote PC
- read a web page (even password-protected) in a single call